Thursday, November 25, 2010

Bioshack

Two in one day?! Crazysauce.

Just beat Bioshock. I really enjoyed it. I love the distopian art-deco look of Rapture. I'm also reading Atlas Shrugged right now, so that made an interesting combo as well.

I played the game on normal and it wasn't super difficult. Not that you should assume that normal is going to be really difficult, but on some games it is. Sure, I saved every three seconds because I don't like dying and was scared of things jumping out at me, but it was still good. The last boss was easier than I thought it would have been. Maybe I'm just that awesome.

I think it told a story very well, using audio journals left by people to tell it, rather than leaving countless books laying around that you have to read. I certainly applaud those whose job it is to write the filler books you find in RPGs, but you're playing a game... you usually don't want to have to pay attention to text.

1 comment:

The Blaggernaut said...

Crazysauce! I've been wanting to play it. The storyline from what I heard was pretty intense. Are you planning on playing 2 now?