Thursday, November 25, 2010

Vroom Vroom

How many posts am I behind now? Two, once I do this one?

I bought GT5 yesterday. There are so many cars. Over 1000. That's all well and good, but it would be nice if there weren't twenty Skylines and fourteen Honda Civics. I understand that those cars have a large following and such, but having a different car would be much more interesting. Sure, I'm saying this partly because I'm not a car nut and am a casual player, but I assume that if there is a player who really likes their Civic EX or SE or whatever the letters are, they are happy they can get that car, but could care less about having seventeen Skylines. Maybe I just don't understand.

I like the license system in the game, because I like almost all training modes. The only problem I have, which is not something that can be fixed in the game, is that when I don't do well, I usually don't have any idea what I'm doing wrong. It's obvious when I do something in 15 seconds and its supposed to be 10... but when the difference between bronze and silver on my time is .05 of a second, there's no "Oh duh. Just brake here instead". The other thing that gets me is when, in trying to improve my time, I am barely shaving hundredths of a second off my time, but need to get at least a tenth or two off to get the time I want. It's tough because I'm struggling to gain so little and need to do a lot more. But, one thing I have noticed in regards to this, is that sometimes I just do it. All of a sudden I've shaved off the tenths and did what I want. This is due to the fact that I can't detect tenths and hundredths of a second. So I may not perceive any difference in my performance, but the clock says I did it faster.

1 comment:

The Blaggernaut said...

Are you any good at drunk driving? A few friends were drunk driving GT5 for fun, it seems like an intriguing idea. Of course I'm not terribly good at sober driving, or at drinking, so it could really go either way. And the only car I would care about is a Wiesmann. If they didn't have that I'd probably pick some sort of evo. You should try the drunk thing. If you demolish all your sober records, you're welcome.