Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pick 'em

Faithful reader(s), I am thinking of starting a new game of Civilization 4 to waste time on randomly and I want you to choose the empire I will play the game as. I have all of the expansions installed, so there are many to choose from. Once you have chosen, I will pick the map to use and dive in.

Expect reports of famine and me to hemorrhage money. I am not very good at this game. I think my problems include spreading out too quickly and letting my cities get too big too fast. Especially in the early game, when the buildings that can be used to keep your citizens happy are not available, it's probably not a good thing to have high growth (which makes citizens unhappy).

So... let me know. You can find the full list of empires and their leaders that I can choose here.

4 comments:

Marya said...

OBVIOUSLY Russia and you can Peter. Or Persia and you can be that weird Xerxes fellow from 300. I have no real input in this, do I?

peter said...

Of course you do. I will just have to weigh your suggestion with Lidiya's.

gayle said...

Russia... i have little reason for this... as i know nothing of your game.

The Blaggernaut said...

Here comes my much anticipated two cents. I would say Russian is a good choice. I didn't realize there were so many options though! As far as I can see having ballista elephants or dog soldiers would be pretty sweet. Let me know how it goes!