Sunday, August 1, 2010

Purchases

I bought Starcraft 2 and the fixed version of Blazblue. Starcraft is great. I'm liking it how I liked the first one when it came out so many years ago. I'm certainly as bad as ever, but if you combine enough troops of different types, you can overcome. Like all games I play, I won't be playing multiplayer, but that's for pretty much the same reason why I don't play street fighter online... I am not good enough and confident enough in my abilities to be okay with my performance, regardless if I win or lose.

I know that if I practiced my execution enough with Cammy that I would not have any excuse for sucking. After that point, every loss is another lesson to examine for new tactics and weaknesses. Currently, if I'm getting angry because I can't pull of a simple combo, I'm not going to be open to the other weaknesses in my game. I won't be thinking if it is a good or bad time for that combo if I'm struggling to get it out.

I think I will post about the new blazblue next week because I haven't put much time into it and I'll need a topic.

Last post I mentioned Capcom x Namco. That is incorrect. It is Street Fighter x Tekken. Only characters from those series will show up. Which is good, because nobody cares about Soul Calibur.

2 comments:

The Blaggernaut said...

What was wrong with Blazblue? I don't know if I ever told you how good I am at button mashing. Pretty good, it turns out (or at least better than other people who are also button mashing). Which is also why I'm bad at Starcraft. You'd think for someone that micromanages her life an rts would be no problem, but last I recall playing it, I didn't have a good time with single player missions in normal mode...

peter said...

There were some balance issues. Nothing that I ever came across, but in high level play a few characters completely dominated and so they got a few nerfs. They might be unusable now, but I don't know.